Summer is officially here, and Floridians know that means we're in for longer days and extremely high temperatures.
Unfortunately, the summer season can also mean high water bills as many of us try to stay cool. To help you keep your water costs down this season, here are a few ways you can save on water this summer.
- Fix any leaks: Every year, approximately 1 trillion gallons of water (worth up to $6 billion) is wasted due to leaking faucets and other plumbing leaks. You should never have to pay for the water you're not using. That said, be sure that if you have a leaky faucet that you give your local plumbing services a call.
- Keep your pool covered: Nothing beats a dip in the pool on a hot summer day. Unfortunately, the sun can sometimes steal your pool water when you're not looking. Be sure to cover your pool throughout the day and when you're not using it. Covering the pool will help to keep the pool water from evaporating so you don't need to refill it, helping you save on water drastically.
- Use your dishwasher: Hand washing your dishes could actually be bumping up the price of your water utilities. In fact, hand washing dishes can use up to 27 gallons of water. A new Energy Star-rated dishwasher, on the other hand, only uses three gallons of water to wash the same number of dishes. If your dishwasher is malfunctioning due to a plumbing-related issue or you believe something is wrong with your water hookup, be sure to contact your local residential plumber at Pro Plumbing Services to come take a look.
- Fix your running toilet: Running toilets are another common cause of water waste. Sometimes the toilet may need a chain adjustment or a new flapper to prevent the water from running. However, if the problem persists or nothing seems to be wrong with the back part of your toilet, it may be in your best interest to give your professional plumbers a call.
- Upgrade your shower heads and faucets: The easiest way to reduce your water waste this season is by swapping out your faucets and shower heads for Energy Star-rated options instead. Energy Star-rated shower heads and faucets allow you to conserve water while also providing strong enough water pressure.
When you need to save on your water bill, you can count on the professional plumbing contractors that Tampa homeowners trust - Pro Plumbing Services.
Contact us for more information about how we can correct your plumbing issues today.